Wednesday 13 May 2015

Homemade Spinach Pie

It is 5 degrees here at home, and snow is falling in the next town over. Winter is well on the way to the Central West. I have just picked up Mini Me from school and spending the afternoon lazing on the lounge in front of a roaring wood fire is on the cards, snuggling with CC the cat. Oh... but hang... the domestic duties call!!! 

I think I'll make a pie! Me? Make a pie?  I can hear you all laughing!  Those that know me well, know that the kitchen is not my forte, far from it!  But things can change right? People can change too? Let's give this a crack! 

We are lucky enough that my mother grows some of her own veggies, and tonight we have some beautiful fresh Spinach, this will be my inspiration for tonight's meal!  And I DO need a lot of inspiration when it comes to getting in the kitchen! 



The pie I'm making uses one of the easiest bases ever! Buttered bread! You can use any type of bread you like, however we are fond of wholemeal.  Make sure you line your pan butter side down.


Dice your ingredients up nice and fine,  I've added some fresh bacon today.


For the filling, I've combined 1 x Cup Self Raising Flour, 1 x Cup of Water, 6 x Eggs, 1 x cup of grated cheese, 1 x finely diced brown onion, 3 x Rashers finely diced bacon and of course 4 leaves of sliced spinach.

Don't forget to season with Salt & Pepper! 


Gently pour the filling into the pan on top of your bread base.  Cook over a medium heat for approximately 20-30 minutes, until firm in the centre.  Then place under the grill for a further 4-5 minutes to brown up the top.


All that's left to do now, is serve and enjoy! 
Oh... and clean the kitchen up? 




No comments:

Post a Comment